Well if so your luck's in as I've teamed up with Dusky Blog F1 to hold an F1 quiz, and I've put together some F1 questions to test your knowledge of the sport's past and present.
And the person who scores the most points will win a Red Bull cap, a McLaren 2013 calendar and an F1Times T-shirt (M). The prizes have been contributed by @naijasolar and my good self.
We'll accept entries via email until Tuesday 29th January, 7.59pm. To take part, or even just to register your interest, please follow me, @TalkingaboutF1, and @DuskyBlogF1 on Twitter and tweet the hashtag #duskyF1Quiz and we’ll send you the email address to forward your answers to by direct message (see the Terms & Conditions below).
@naijasolar is running the Adidas Half-marathon for Red Bull Racing’s charity, Wings For Life and has an eBay auction to sell some F1 memorabilia for the charity.
Anyway, here are the questions, good luck and hope you're able to take part!
1) Who scored fastest race lap in each of the following 2012 Grands Prix? 1 point each
2) Who has scored more F1 podium finishes, Ayrton Senna or Fernando Alonso? 1 point
3) Rank the following drivers in order of age, oldest first: Daniel Ricciardo, Jean-Eric Vergne, Jaime Alguersuari, Sebastien Buemi. 1 point
4) Match the base to the F1 team. 1 point each
5) Aside from grid drops for technical reasons, how many penalties did Lewis Hamilton receive in 2012? 1 point
6) Name the last F1 race in which Sebastian Vettel retired because of a collision? 1 point
7) Prior to Sergio Perez finishing 2nd in Malaysia in 2012, when was the previous time someone other than Vettel, Webber, Hamilton, Button or Alonso achieved an F1 podium finish? 1 point
8) Prior to Nico Rosberg winning in China in 2012, when was the previous time someone other than Vettel, Webber, Hamilton, Button or Alonso won an F1 race? 1 point
9) Match the 2012 F1 race engineer to the F1 driver. 1 point each
a) Rob Smedley
b) Guillaume Rocquelin
c) Tony Ross
d) Juan Pablo Ramirez
e) Xevi Pujolar
10) How many times did Heikki Kovalainen reach Q2 in a qualifying session in 2012? And where? 1 point for number of times and 1 point for correct venue(s)
11) Prior to retiring in the 2012 US Grand Prix, when was the previous time Mark Webber retired from an F1 race due to a mechanical failure? 1 point
12) Name the best starting grid positions in 2012 for each of the following drivers. 1 point each
a) Jean-Eric Vergne
b) Kamui Kobayashi
c) Felipe Massa
d) Pedro De La Rosa
e) Paul Di Resta
13) List the following drivers in order of number of Grand Prix wins (most first): Mark Webber, Jenson Button, Felipe Massa, Kimi Raikkonen, Lewis Hamilton. 1 point each
14) List the following drivers in order of number of Grand Prix starts (most first): Sergio Perez, Vitaly Petrov, Nico Hulkenberg, Kamui Kobayashi, Narain Karthikeyan. 1 point each
15) In how many 2012 qualifying sessions did Narain Karthikeyan fail to set a time within 107% of the Q1 best? 1 point
16) Match these F1 drivers to their less famous F1 driver siblings. 1 point each
a) Jody Scheckter
b) Emerson Fittipaldi
c) Gilles Villeneuve
17) Name the last Grand Prix to be held on a day other than a Sunday. 1 point
18) Three drivers have won the F1 world drivers' championship without leading the championship during the season. Name them. 1 point each
19) Other than in the Indianapolis 500, which was the first F1 Grand Prix to feature a safety car/pace car during the race? 1 point
20) Name the winner and the year that the last time the Italian Grand Prix was won by a driver qualifying outside of the top 5. 1 point each for winner and year
21) There are three Grands Prix that Gerhard Berger won twice. Name them. 1 point each
22) Jean Alesi only won one Grand Prix. In how many Grands Prix did he finish 2nd? 1 point
23) Name the F1 constructor with the biggest gap between two F1 wins. 1 point
24) Name the country that each of the following F1 drivers were born in. 1 point each
a) Jochen Rindt
b) Keke Rosberg
c) Lorenzo Bandini
25) Rank the following drivers in order of number of F1 Grand Prix wins (most first): Juan Pablo Montoya, Keke Rosberg, Gilles Villeneuve, Jacky Ickx, Dan Gurney. 1 point
26) Which F1 driver was nicknamed 'Taffy'? 1 point
27) Which F1 driver took part in the most races before their first win? 1 point
28) Which Grand Prix had no retirements and no pitstops? 1 point
29) Which driver took BRM's last ever F1 win? 1 point
30) Match the WAGs (wives and girlfriends) to the 2012 F1 driver. 1 point each
Tie breaker: What was the lap time set by Helmut Marko driving a BRM on lap 3 of the 1971 US Grand Prix? (in the event of a tie the closest answer wins)
Terms and Conditions:
If you would like to participate in the quiz, please follow @duskyBlogF1 & @TalkingaboutF1 on Twitter, and tweet us with hashtag #duskyF1Quiz and we’ll send you the email address to forward your answers. Entries sent from the same email address to both Talking about F1's and Dusky Blog's accounts will count as one entry only and only the lowest score will count.
Ideally, we’d prefer if participants DIDN’T use internet searches but since we can’t police this, it is not disallowed.
Please allow 28 days for the prize to reach you if you are the selected winner. The winner may be requested to contribute a percentage of the shipping costs if postage of the prize to their address exceeds the value of the item.
Judge’s decision is final and there is no cash alternative for the prize.
If the winner does not DM or email their postal address within 5 days of being pronounced the winner, then the prize will be awarded to the 2nd highest scorer. If that person doesn’t respond after 5 days too, then the prize is retained and may be donated to a charity.
And last but not least, good luck and hope you enjoy the quiz!